Proverbs 8 is a beautiful passage of scripture that extols the value of wisdom. It’s most exquisite when read in the amplified version.
Many of us spend our daily lives doing things to earn a living. We work. We hustle. We grind. Whether for ourselves or for a company. And we should work. Hustle. Grind. Whatever label you want to give it. We should do what we need to do to make a living and provide for ourselves and for our families.
But Proverbs 8 gave me pause. I had to ask myself if I was barreling forward in my endeavors based on what I thought was best for me, or if I was moving in the Will of God. I invite you to read the entire chapter, but I’m going to share some of the highlights for me as I did my personal study.
v. 10 – Receive my (Wisdom) instruction in preference to [striving for] silver, and knowledge rather than choice gold.
v. 11 – For skillful and godly Wisdom is better than rubies or pearls, and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it.
v. 17 – I (Wisdom) love those who love me and those who seek me early and diligently shall find me.
v. 18 – Riches and honor are with me (Wisdom), enduring wealth and righteousness (uprightness in every area and relation, and right standing with God).
v. 19 – My (Wisdom) fruit is better than gold, yes, than refined gold, and my increase than choice silver.
v. 34 – Blessed (happy, fortunate, to be envied) is the man who listens to me (Wisdom), watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors.
v. 35 – For whoever finds me (Wisdom) finds life and draws forth and obtains favor from the Lord.
v. 36 – But he who misses me (Wisdom) or sins against me wrongs and injures himself; all who hate me love and court death.
The message here is simple, and yet, extremely powerful. Seek. Wisdom. First.
– Before applying for a job. Seek Wisdom first.
– Before accepting a new opportunity. Seek Wisdom first.
– Before accepting that marriage proposal. Seek Wisdom first.
– Before deciding which home to buy or apartment to rent. Seek Wisdom first.
– Before deciding which school to attend. Seek Wisdom first.
– If you want to be blessed beyond measure. Seek Wisdom first.
– If you want to make wise and thoughtful choices. Seek Wisdom first.
– If you want riches and honor. Seek Wisdom first.
– If you want enduring (and not fleeting) wealth & righteousness. Seek Wisdom first.
I pray that the words in the Word resonate with you as they did with me. And that, as you go about your daily living, you are seeking wisdom in all your decisions and choices.
Be Blessed and Have a Fantastic Day!
I am not a paster, minister, teacher, evangelist, etc. I am just a woman who has a heart for God.